Firstly I would like to call all DrawSomething players! I recently downloaded it and have sent all sorts of truly terrible drawings already, so if you'd like to play with me then add me as 'otohime0394' or leave me your username.
My phone's screen is teeny so some of the things I've drawn are barely recognisable but hey, it's all part of the fun. xD Just don't laugh at my fails!
Secondly, though I know I've done it before, I've noticed a couple of people doing these 'ASK ME ANYTHING!' journals again.
I've acquired quite a few more watchers since I did it last year sometime, so I thought it might be fun to post again and see if I get any more questions.
So... now's your chance! Is there anything you'd like to ask me? Comment away!
If I get any questions, I'll post them and the answers here as well as in reply to the comment.
1. What are a few of your favourite books/authors? I remember you mentioning that you liked books somewhere.
I looove books! Just a few? Okay... One of my favourite books of all time is 'House of Leaves' by Mark. Z Danielewski. It's a completely abstract, bizarre and frightening book - you'll never read anything else quite like it. I also love the Sherlock Holmes stories by Arthur Conan Doyle, and the work of both F. Scott Fitzgerald and George Orwell, to name just a couple. Oh, and the likes of Roald Dahl and J.K. Rowling, just because that's my childhood. ;u;
2. How do you suggest one improves as a traditional artist and emoticonist?
Practice. Don't always play it safe - take the plunge, and learn to be okay with imperfection. Like all art, it's a journey. You could always be better but you'll also improve with each step you take; it's important to focus on your own progress and not compare it to that of somebody else.
3. And, when you're feeling down, how do you cheer up?
I sometimes struggle, it has to be said.
I usually take myself somewhere quiet to think things over alone, perhaps go for a walk in the countryside. And I listen to lots of music. Probably pretty loud.
4. Will you marry me?
Sorry, I'm already married to !MarmiteRevolution...
5. Will you have an affair with me?
6. Could you tell me three bands/artists that you love?
Well, it changes a lot from day to day and depending on my mood... but right now it'll have to be Queen, The Who and Keane.
7. How did you get into making emotes?
I first discovered emotes as an artform through `SanguineEpitaph, =Phlum, =nikkittie, and a few others, I think. I was intrigued because I'd never come across it before. After mingling on the edges of the community for a bit, I decided to make my own emote OC... then I heard about the EMTC and decided to make my pumpkin entry... and the rest is history!
8. Can you keep a secret?
Why yes. Yes I can.
9. Can I ask a question..?
You just did. But yes, you may.
10. Do you liek mudkips?
I DO LIEK MUDKIPS.
11. How did you come up with the idea of your emote oc?
To be honest, she just sort of came to me! Green is my favourite colour and I like nature, so it was a bit of a no-brainer.. though it took me a few sketches to finalise the design. I'm not sure where the blushing came into it, though...
12. If you were all alone on a deserted island where all of your needs were met, EXCEPT you had no way of contacting people, and you were only allowed three (3) artist's tools (yes, it's a very, very random deserted island ), what would those three tools be?
Hmmm... I would take a dip-pen and ink (that counts as two, I suppose?), because I could use them to make art of course, and I could use the ink to make a friend out of a coconut or something. Also the nib of the pen could make a handy weapon in an emergency! THEN... I'd take... a staple gun. So I could staple my pen-and-ink work to trees and make a pretty island gallery. And I could shoot staples around when I was bored.
13. Also, what's your favorite flower?
Forget-Me-Nots! They're so pretty and small and understated.
14. It's a little guidance-teacher-esque, but what do you plan to do after you leave school? Will you being studying at university, or taking a gap year (I hear a lot of English people choose to do it) or just winging it & living wild and free haha?
I would so wing it a live wild and free if I could! Seriously, don't tempt me. I will be taking a gap year. And I plan to apply and do all that University jazz for next year, when I have a clue what I want to study there. xD
Design and Coding by =pixiepot